The 2020 Online Forensic Symposium will be June 8-12th, 2020. Some of the details are as follows:
- The Symposium is now a series of weeklong events: Forensic Toxicology (week of June 8th), Trace Analysis (week of July 27th) & Seized Drugs (week of October 26th)
- The Scientific program each week was established by Program Chairs from the community. The program for Forensic Toxicology (attached) was set by Simon Elliott & Nik Lemos (bios located here if you are not familiar with their work: (https://www.forensicscienceeducation.org/forensic-education/courses-and-workshops/online-toxicology-symposium/)
- The event will be hosted by the Center for Forensic Science, Research & Education (CFSRE). This will enhance overall ease of use and symposium registration.
- This year’s event has been officially endorsed by the Netherlands Forensic Institute (NFI) stating that “the NFI considers this initiative an excellent opportunity to increase the forensic capability in sister organizations worldwide and fully supports this initiative”.
And of course certain things will never change
- Invited speakers are internationally known experts in their field – this year representing 7 countries across 3 continents
- The hour long invited presentations are scientific, non-commercial and vendor neutral. The shorter (15 min) sponsored talks are clearly denoted as such.
- A 30min panel discussion concludes each day to allow for direct interaction with each day’s invited speakers
- The ABFT has reviewed the material and deemed it appropriate for submission for CE credits
- A weeklong poster session highlights submissions from those that would like to present their work but who were not selected as part of the oral program (there is still an open call for posters on the symposium website www.forensicsymposium.org if any of your members would like to make a scientific contribution).
- The event is recorded for on-demand viewing should time zone differences or schedules present a conflict and the Symposium proceedings will be published in an e-book at the conclusion of the week